- 1The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
- 2Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
- 3Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- 4We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
- 5So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
- 6Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
- 7Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
- 8And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
- 9In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
- 10Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
- 11When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
- 12Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: